FStopLounge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
At no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through our affiliate link(s). Please use your own judgment to determine if any program, product or service presented here is appropriate for you.
FUJIFILM expands the lineup of X Mount interchangeable lenses
A highly portable high-performance single focal length lens for casual shooting with quality results!
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the new “FUJINON XF27mmF2.8” lens for the FUJIFILM compact system cameras.
FUJINON XF lenses are the pinnacle of Fujifilm’s optical design technology, with top quality all-glass construction including aspherical lens elements. Their fast f-stop broadens users’ scope of photographic expression for low-light photography and scenes with a beautiful bokeh effect. In addition, FUJINON’s “HT-EBC Coating” reduces reflection at a wider range of wavelengths, thereby controlling ghosting. The lenses feature advanced lens engineering, capable of drawing the maximum performance out of the highly-descriptive “X-Trans CMOS Sensor” in the FUJIFILM X-Pro1, X-E1 and X-M1 cameras.
The FUJINON XF27mmF2.8 is a compact and lightweight lens for excellent portability. It is a well-balanced, high-performance, single focal length lens, delivering great picture quality in a wide range of scenes including landscapes, snapshots and portraits. The lens is available in black and silver.
- High-performance lens that offers a field of view similar to that of the human eye, covering a wide range of scene typesThe lens has a fixed focal length of 27mm (41mm in 35mm format equivalent), offering a field of view similar to that of the human eye, capturing each scene as precisely and naturally as you see it. It includes a glass molded aspheric element which reduces image distortion as much as possible. You can explore different ideas dependent on the scene you’re shooting, e.g. using your own footwork to adjust the distance between yourself and your subject, or by changing the shooting angle, enabling you to enjoy a broad range of photography.
- Lightweight and compactWeighing 78g and measuring 23mm in length, this is one of the smallest and lightest single focal length lenses available for APS-sensor compact system cameras. Its thin form factor keeps the camera compact when mounted, encouraging you to take your camera wherever you go.
- Outstanding resolving power for sharp and clear imagesThe advanced optical design is coupled with FUJINON’s proprietary HT-EBC Coating that brings a large amount of light onto the camera sensor to draw the maximum performance out of the X-Trans sensor, thus achieving outstanding resolving power for sharp and clear images.
- High-speed autofocusThe lens incorporates an autofocus design that uses a high-torque DC coreless motor to shift all of the front lens elements (5 elements in 4 groups) to achieve a fast AF speed. The quick AF response is one of the fastest amongst single focal length lenses on APS-sensor mirrorless cameras.
- Premium-quality focus ringThe high precision focus ring is made of metal, and requires delicate operation during manual focusing. The materials and the design ensure a comfortable feel and exactly the right amount of torque when rotating the ring.
- Bokeh effect for isolating a subjectThe use of a seven-blade round diaphragm means your subject is isolated with beautiful bokeh in portraiture with a shallow depth of field, or for close-up photography of stunning dishes or small accessories.
The FUJINON XF27mmF2.8 lens does not feature an aperture ring in order to make it compact and lightweight. When using this lens, please update your camera body’s firmware to enable aperture adjustment via the camera’s command dial.
Fujifilm Global website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/
Fujifilm X-Pro 1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 200 – f/8 – 1/800 second
Fujifilm X-Pro 1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 200 – f/8 – 1/500 second
Fujifilm X-Pro 1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 200 – f/2.8 – 1/500 second
Fujifilm X-E1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 200 – f/5.6 – 1/8 second
Fujifilm X-E1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 400 – f/5.6 – 1.5 seconds
Fujifilm X-E1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 200 – f/11 – 1/226 second
Fujifilm X-E1 with XF27mmF2.8 – 27mm – ISO 800 – f/5.6 – 1/160 second
It’s our hope to continually share our imaging knowledge and experience for free. To support us in this effort please consider making your next purchase through our partner Amazon. The price will stay the same for you, but a small commission is attributed back to all of the contributors at F Stop Lounge.
Thanks in advance for showing your support and we wish you all the best in your photographic journey.