Dogs Knit Sweaters For Their Owners

Erwan Fichou has managed to capture owners wearing clothing made from their pets’ fur.

The fur was brushed and collected over time to generate enough of a yarn where it was then knitted into a sweater. I don’t think you will find me wearing one of these anytime soon. Would you wear your pet’s fur?

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Dog wool

Do you enjoy F Stop Lounge? We would love to hear from you, so be sure to follow us on Google+FacebookTwitter and YouTube.

It’s our hope to continually share our imaging knowledge and experience for free. To support us in this effort please consider making your next purchase through our partner Amazon. The price will stay the same for you, but a small commission is attributed back to all of the contributors at F Stop Lounge.

Thanks in advance for showing your support and we wish you all the best in your photographic journey.

About The Author

Social Media Specialist > Blogger > Entrepreneur > Photographer > Teacher & Advisor on Google Helpouts > Views and opinions are my own.

Related posts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

13 Comments

1. Pingback: gifts of fur | Meowoof

2. Pingback: Portraits of People Who Wear Their Dogs’ Fur as Clothing | Smart Shopping Mommy

3. Pingback: Wag Wednesday: Dog Hair Sweaters & Sleep Tips

4. Faith Howe

The mittens I have from my old dog Sandy are phenomenally warm (and itchy – I have to wear glove liners underneath) so my hands are never cold when I wear them. I have brushings from my other dogs, but haven’t gotten around to spinning and knitting them up yet – I like the idea of having the physical connection to dogs I had so long ago. But I still know that some people are just plain grossed out by the concept.

5. Dolly O'Flanagan.

Clothes… Pah! I’ve a whole king sized bed blanket and matching cushions. 10 generations of hamsters is all it took. Will carpet my condo next – pube hair, 10 years worth from my beauty salon.

6. Kathy

These are lovely photos.
    Yes, dog fiber (aka – chiengora) tends to be very warm. I became interested in learning to spin because of the copious amounts of fiber my dogs provided me. I currently have two Great Pyrenees and a Bearded Collie and spin the under coat from them. I have also spun undercoat from other dogs and made up small items as mementos.

7. Mary

Thank you! These are awesome! I spin so I see these as the labors of love they are. These people don’t care if they make any fashion five list, (though I can’t see why not! ;) They will have their beloved pet with them forever. I have BOXES of my Emma’s fur that I can’t bring myself to spin yet. I still cry when I try, but I will have her to hug again…one day. If you have a brush-able pet and yes, even cats, brush and bond with it and by all means, save that fluff! Find a spinner and go for it! Yes it’s warmer than wool but it can be blended with wool to lighten it up or make it go farther if you just have a bit of fur.

8. Jerdice

I’ve had 3 sweaters and a hat since 1982 from my “heart dog”, a Keeshond named Gretchen. They are very comfortable as they cool if I get too warm but warm me up if I get cool. The spinner washed the yarn after spinning it with Joy. After 8 Kees in our lives, Gretchen still comforts me just as she did when she lived here.

9. doug

No cats? I’ve joked many times that I could make a sweater out of the fur I brush off my cat-but these people really did it!

10. Janis

Not unless I wanted to roast. Dog fur is supposed to be insanely warm, to the point where you overheat if it’s above zero degrees.

But honestly, if you have a dog that blows its coat regularly, it beats just throwing the stuff out.

11. Pingback: Portraits of People Who Wear Their Dogs' Fur as Clothing